Throughout the ages, women have aspired to look more beautiful. A smooth glowing skin is one of the biggest give-aways of natural beauty, but alas, it’s not always possible. With the passage of time and the stresses of life, irregular work/sleep hours, sun damage, pollution and lack of proper hydration and poor diet eventually all start to show up on your skin, making it look dull and gloomy.
With most people, a little bit of extra care, some DIY face masks are sufficient to rejuvenate the skin. But then there are others who need a little bit more help. After all, it’s not for nothing that there is a booming multi-billion dollar industry for beauty products flourishing all over the world. And it’s not just the women who are looking for a glowing skin now, but men too are increasingly falling into this category.
For those who don’t have a naturally glowing skin, a little extra care of the skin and a visit to a cosmetologist or dermatologist can reap great benefits. Over-the-counter products don’t always work, and some may even cause further skin damage, making a visit to skin specialists all the more relevant. They have a gamut of minor procedures including microdermabrasion, laser skin-resurfacing, chemical peels and filler injections to improve your skin. Here’s a little information on these procedures:
- Microdermabrasion – This procedure involves sloughing off dead cells from the skin surface to expose the fresh skin beneath. A wand-like structure is used with its head coated with very fine particles and works by mechanically scaling off the top layers of the skin.
- Chemical peel – Aside from improving a dull skin, chemical peel is also effective for improving scars and wrinkles. The procedure uses a mildly acidic solution to peel off the outer layers of the skin in a controlled manner.
- Laser skin resurfacing – This procedure uses pulses of high intensity light to improve the look of wrinkles and scars by tightening loose skin. Treatment can be done at varying depths of the skin including superficial, intermediate and deep levels.
- Filler injections – In this procedure Hyaluronic acid is injected under the skin to give it a smoother surface by adding volume to it. Hyaluronic acid is a naturally occurring sugar in the body.
- Botox injections – This injection contains botulism toxin that paralyses tiny facial muscles and smoothens out the skin surface.
For those living in Bangalore, the best place to go is the Dr Dixit Cosmetic Dermatology Clinic, where you can be sure of getting the best and latest skin treatments possible.
Didn't find what you were looking for? Ask Dr Dixit your question and get answers within a day.
The information provided in Dr. Dixit's answer is for educational purposes only and is not intended to constitute medical advice. The information provided should not be relied upon as a substitute for consultations with a qualified health professional who may be familiar with your individual medical needs.